20. November 2015
The Partner Relationship Management industry is not new. For nearly the past decade it has shadowed the CRM industry and has continued to evolve and grow at a pace that has had many speculating that “it’s time” was eminent. This is the year.
In Impartner’s new on-demand webinar, “The ROCI (Return on Channel Investment) Secret Other Companies Know that You Don’t,” CMO Dave R Taylor outlines the five key reasons this is the Golden Age of the Partner Portal:
- Channels are in the spotlight
- ERP, CRM and Marketing Automation have given performance visibility to operations, sales and marketing – but not channel sales. ROCI is the No. 1 concern of channel chiefs,1 and next-generation PRM solutions provide the information they need.
- In 2015, poor customer experience is unforgivable
- The statistics about the cost of poor customer experience are inescapable, including the fact that 82 percent of "switchers"2 believe companies could have retained them with better experiences. The Partner Portal is the front door to companies’ relationships with partners and is critical to making them the vendor of choice.
- The IT talent shortage makes channels indispensable for growing sales
- As the IT talent battle rages, the growth of the indirect sales channel is explosive. Without a proper portal to serve them, however, the RIGHT partners don’t take channel programs seriously. Plus, without automating key functions like partner onboarding, companies won’t have the bandwidth to scale their programs quickly.
- Not having a PRM means you can’t optimize the channel
- Companies such as National Instruments have seen dramatic sales acceleration from implementing a new PRM solution because it allows them to optimize their partner relationships. What could it mean for others? At 300 partners with an average sale of $10,000, just one more incremental sale per partner a year would equal $3 million in additional revenue – making it an investment most companies can’t afford NOT to make.
- PRM has been “productized” and is no longer the burden nor the cost it once was to implement
- The burden of implementing a new PRM has been minimized, and solutions like Impartner PRM can help most companies can get through the process in about 30 days. Based on Impartner’s decades-long experience with leading companies and their Partner Portals, building it themselves can cost companies hundreds of times more and take months longer.
To find out more about why a PRM is the secret to ROCI and can help accelerate your indirect sales, click here to watch the complete webinar. Want to learn more about how Impartner can help you be up and running with a new world-class Partner Portal in as few as 30 days, click here for a demo.
- “The Forrester Wave™: Partner Relationship Management (PRM) Platforms, Q4 2014,” Forrester Research, Inc.
- “Is Digital Killing Loyalty?” Kevin Quiring and Olivier Schunck, Accenture, 2015
Impartner delivers the industry's most advanced SaaS-based Partner Relationship Management solution, helping companies worldwide manage their partner relationships and accelerate revenue and profitability through indirect sales channels. Impartner PRM is the industry's only turnkey solution that can deploy a world-class Partner Portal in as few as 30 days, using the company's highly engineered, three-step Velocity™ onboarding process. Watch Impartner's interactive demo here.